What is vacuum homogenizer mixer without hydraulics?
RX vacuum homogenization mixer without hydraulics is a complete vacuum high shear mixer system for the manufacturing of viscous emulsion, dispersion and suspension in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. It’s the simplified version of standard RX production vacuum homogenizing mixer without hydraulic lifting system. It’s the most advanced homogenization mixer design from Europe and is especially suitable for customers who want to make big batches of cream and ointment with limited budget.
What is vacuum homogenizer mixer without hydraulics made of?
RX vacuum homogenization machine is usually made of main vacuum homogenization mixer, oil phase mixer, water phase mixer, vacuum system, materials circulation system, heating and cooling system, temperature control system and electrical control panel etc.
The main homogenization blender is composed of a vertical type high shear mixer mounted from the bottom of the manufacturing vessel, wall scraper and two fixed propellers with holes. The bottom homogenizer consists of one three-layer toothed rotor and one two-layer toothed stator. An external circulation pipe comes along the tangent of rotor and connects to the top edge of the tank body.
The oil and water phase mixers have exactly the same construction. There’s a high speed disperser mounted from the top of the cover which helps dissolve the ingredients. Some customers will omit the oil and water phase mixers and keep the main homogeneous mixer only.
How does vacuum homogenizer mixer without hydraulics work?
During the mixing operation, the outer anchor agitator rotates clockwise slowly. With the attached Teflon blades, the materials are scraped off the mixing tank wall and move upwards so they won’t always stick to the wall and burn.
At the same time the two fixed impellers keep still and give the materials a counterforce and drive the cream downward into the high speed homogenization and emulsification zone. The cream goes through the holes on the paddles and increases mixing effect.
Because of the two opposite forces by fixed impellers and wall scraper, the cream rolls over the vessel from top to bottom and back to top repeatedly. When the cream is completely mixed, the heat from the jacket is quickly transferred to every part through the inside wall.
The heart of vacuum homogenization machine is rotor stator homogenizer (or called emulsifier) which consists of one three-layer toothed rotor and one two-layer toothed stator. The design is different from the homogenizer in RS series production vacuum emulsification mixer and is much better.
The rotor is directly connected with homogenizing motor by flanges. The ABB or Siemens motor rotates at the speed of 3000rpm and drives the rotor to rotate at high speed producing strong suction force.
The materials go into the rotor from top opening of the homogenizer and are cut, sheared, emulsified and homogenized through the shear gap between the rotor and stator. Then they’re accelerated to jet out through the pipeline along the tangent of the rotor. The cream runs inside the external circulation pipe and goes back to mixing tank for the slow mixing or another emulsification and homogenization.
The above two types of slow and high forces repeat and repeat. And the cream circulates through the pipeline and is completely mixed, dispersed, emulsified and homogenized.
Water ring type vacuum pump (–0.09Mpa) is powerful to pull out the bubbles generated during mixing, dispersing and homogenizing. It also helps transfer the ingredients from the oil and water phase mixers to the main homogeneous mixer. The small quantity perfumes are also sucked by vacuum to avoid dust.
Key features of vacuum homogenizer mixer without hydraulics
- Complete process of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, heating and cooling in one unit
- Working capacity from 50L to 10000L
- Suitable for cream and emulsion of 30,000~100,000cps viscosity
- Perfect particle size of 2 micrometers and evenly distributed
- External emulsifying and homogenizing by vertical type inline homogenizer with pipes
- Shorter batch time compared with RS series vacuum emulsifying mixer
- Cooling system for mechanic seal inside the homogenizer for longer homogenizing time
- The homogenizer also works as a transfer pump for discharging finished product
- Contra mixing system of fixed impellers with holes and wall scraper
- Outer anchor agitator has pipe design for enhanced mixing and good appearance
- Variable speed for homogenizer and agitator
- Oil hydraulic lifting system for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Double jackets for heating and cooling
- Different jacket designs available for steam and electric heating
- Double temperature probes and controllers for electrical heating in main vacuum homogenization blender
- Vacuum system to take out the air bubbles during mixing and to transfer the ingredients
- Compressed air to help discharge cream
- All contact parts are made of SS316L and mirror polished
- Spray ball is equipped to connect to customer’s CIP system
- The specifications of the vacuum homogenization mixer comply with cGMP regulations
- Push buttons control panel for easy operation
- Power supply of 380V, 50Hz, 3 Phase
Technical specifications of vacuum homogenizer mixer without hydraulics
|Working capacity (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Homogenizer power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Oil/Water tank (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)|
Applications of vacuum homogenizer mixer without hydraulics
- Cosmetics & Toiletries: cream, lotion, wax, mascara, gel, toothpaste
- Pharmaceuticals: ointment, dental composite, syrup, injection
- Food: mayonnaise, dressing, jam, butter, margarine, wasabi
- Chemicals: polyester, synthetic fiber, shoe cream
Options of vacuum homogenizer mixer without hydraulics
- Hydraulic lifting system for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Different slow mixing part designs available
- Extra openings on the vertical type inline homogenizer for adding hot and cold ingredients and powders
- Delta, Schneider or Siemens PLC for automation of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, transferring, heating and cooling etc
- Mettler-Toledo load cells
- Flow meter automation for feeding liquid oil and water
- Pressure vessel design for different steam pressure
- SIP is available upon request
- Different power supply acceptable