What is vacuum emulsifier mixer without hydraulics?
RB vacuum emulsifier machine without hydraulics is a complete vacuum emulsifying machine for the manufacture of viscous cream, lotion, ointment and suspensions in the cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, food and chemicals industries. It’s especially suitable for making big and continuous batches of emulsions.
What is vacuum emulsifier mixer without hydraulics made of?
RB vacuum emulsifier blender without hydraulics is usually made of main emulsifier vessel, oil phase mixer, water phase mixer, vacuum system, materials circulation system, heating and cooling system, temperature control system, electrical control panel etc.
The main emulsifier machine is composed of a high shear inline homogenizer mounted outside the vessel horizontally and one frame agitator. Pipes are connected from the discharge valve to inlet of the homogenizer and from the outlet to the top edge of the vessel body. The inline homogenizer consists of one three-layer toothed rotor and one two-layer toothed stator.
The oil and water phase mixers have exactly the same construction. There’s a high speed disperser mounted from the top of the cover which helps dissolve the ingredients. Some customers will omit the oil and water phase mixers and keep the main emulsifier tank only.
How does vacuum emulsifier mixer without hydraulics work?
During the mixing operation, the frame agitator rotates clockwise slowly. With the attached Teflon blades, the materials are scraped off the vessel wall so they won’t always stick to the wall and burn.
The left part of the impellers move the cream upwards and the right part move it downwards. Because of the two opposite forces by the impellers, the cream rolls over the mixing vessel from top to bottom and back to top repeatedly. When the cream is completely mixed, the heat from the jacket is quickly transferred to every part through the inside wall.
The heart of vacuum emulsifier blender is the inline homogenizer (emulsifier) which consists of one three-layer toothed rotor and one two-layer toothed stator. The design is different from the homogenizer in RS vacuum emulsifying mixer and is better with circulation.
The ABB or Siemens motor rotates at the speed of 3000rpm and drives the rotor to rotate up to 3000rpm producing strong suction force.
The materials go into the rotor from inlet of the homogenizer and are cut, sheared, emulsified and homogenized through the shear gap between the rotor and stator. Then they’re accelerated to jet out through the pipeline. The cream runs inside the external circulation pipe and goes back to mixing tank for the slow mixing or another emulsification and homogenization.
The above two types of slow and high forces repeat and repeat. And the cream circulates through the pipeline and is completely mixed, dispersed, emulsified and homogenized.
Water ring type vacuum pump (–0.09Mpa) is powerful to pull out the bubbles generated during mixing, dispersing and homogenizing. It also helps transfer the ingredients from the oil and water phase mixers to the main vacuum emulsifier machine. The small quantity perfumes are also sucked by vacuum to avoid dust.
Key features of vacuum emulsifier mixer without hydraulics
- Complete process of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, heating and cooling in one unit
- Working capacity from 50L to 10000L
- Suitable for cream and emulsions of 30,000~100,000cps viscosity
- External emulsifying and homogenizing by horizontal high shear inline mixer with pipes
- Shorter batch time compared with RS vacuum emulsifying mixer
- Cooling system for mechanic seal inside the homogenizer for longer homogenizing time
- The inline homogenizer also works as a transfer pump for discharging finished product
- Variable speed for homogenizer and agitator
- Double jackets for heating and cooling
- Different jacket designs available for steam and electric heating
- Double temperature probes and controllers for electrical heating in main vacuum emulsifier vessel
- Vacuum system to take out the air bubbles during mixing and to transfer the ingredients from oil and water tanks to main emulsifier blender
- Compressed air to help discharge the finished cream
- All contact parts are made of SS316L and mirror polished
- Spray ball is equipped to connect to customer’s CIP system
- The specifications of the vacuum emulsifier kettle comply with cGMP regulations
- Push buttons control panel for easy operation
- Power supply of 380V, 50Hz, 3 Phase
Technical specifications of vacuum emulsifier mixer without hydraulics
|Working capacity (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Homogenizer power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Oil/Water tank (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)|
Options of vacuum emulsifier mixer without hydraulics
- Oil hydraulic lifting system available for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Contra mixing part or other slow agitator designs available
- Delta, Schneider or Siemens PLC for automation of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, transferring, heating and cooling etc
- Mettler-Toledo load cells
- Flow meter automation for feeding liquid oil and water
- Pressure vessel design for different steam pressure
- SIP is available upon request
- Different power supply acceptable