What is open mixing tank?
YX open mixing tank, also called stainless steel mixing tank, is one of the industrial mixing machines for the manufacture of low viscosity liquids and preparations in the cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, food and chemicals industries.
What is open mixer tank made of?
YX open mixing tank is usually made of mixing tank, heating and cooling system, temperature control system, electrical control panel etc.
The mixing tank is composed of an anchor agitator mounted from the top cover and two or more baffles attached to the inside wall.
How does open mix tank work?
During the mixing operation, the anchor agitator rotates clockwise slowly driving the materials move along the wall. When the liquid meets the baffles, some change the moving direction and some pass the baffles from around.
The left part of the anchor mixer moves the liquid upwards and the right part moves it downwards. Because of the two opposite forces by the agitator, the liquid rolls over the vessel from top to bottom and back to top repeatedly. When the liquid is completely mixed and blended, the heat from the jacket is quickly transferred to every part through the inside wall.
Key features of open stainless steel mixing tanks
- Complete process of dissolving, mixing, heating and cooling in one unit
- Open type tank with portable covers for easy adding raw materials and cleaning
- Working capacity from 100L to 50000L
- Suitable for shampoo and preparations below 10,000cps viscosity
- Variable speed for agitator
- Double jackets for heating and cooling
- Different jacket designs available for steam and electric heating
- Double temperature probes and controllers for electrical heating in mixer tank
- All contact parts are made of SS304/316L and mirror polished
- Three or four supporting legs
- The specifications of the mixing tank comply with cGMP regulations
- Push buttons control panel for easy operation
- Power supply of 380V, 50Hz, 3 Phase
Applications of open mixer tank
- Cosmetics & Toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, preparation, shower gel, vaseline, air freshener
- Pharmaceuticals: syrup, injection, eye drop, gelatin
- Food: juice, beverage, milk
- Chemicals: paint, coating, ink
Options of open mix tank
- Contra mixing design or other slow agitator and impeller designs available
- Extra high speed disperser or batch homogenizer mounted from top or bottom to help dissolve, disperse, emulsify and homogenize
- Closed cover design for sanitary purpose
- Cold mixing design is available
- Platform for one or more mixing tanks
- Delta, Panasonic or Siemens PLC for automation of mixing, dissolving, transferring, heating and cooling etc
- Mettler-Toledo load cells
- Pressure vessel design for different steam pressure
- Spray ball can be equipped to connect to customer’s CIP system
- SIP is available upon request
- Explosion proof motors and electricals
- Different power supply acceptable