What is horizontal ribbon blender?
LD horizontal ribbon blender, also called horizontal ribbon mixer, is a processing unit widely used for the manufacture of dry powder, granules and low-viscosity paste and liquid in chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food and cosmetics industries. It’s especially suitable for mixing solids with solids and solids with liquids.
What is horizontal ribbon mixer made of?
LD horizontal ribbon blender is usually made of ribbon blender and electrical control panel etc.
The ribbon blender is composed of a U-shaped horizontal chamber and ribbon agitator inside. The ribbon agitator consists of one rotating shaft with two contra helical spirals.
How does horizontal ribbon blender work?
During the mixing operation, the outer ribbon drives the powder from two ends to center of the drum. The inner ribbon moves the powder from center to two ends in opposite direction.
The above two types of contra forces repeat and repeat. And the powder circulates inside the chamber and is completely mixed and blended in a short time.
Key features of horizontal ribbon mixer
- Complete process of mixing and blending in one unit
- Working capacity from 50L to 3000L
- Suitable for mixing solids with solids and solids with liquids
- Shorter batch time due to contra mixing ribbons
- All contact parts are made of SS304/316L and mirror polished
- Flush plug valve from discharging finished product without dead zone
- The specifications of ribbon mixer comply with cGMP regulations
- Push buttons control panel for easy operation
- Power supply of 380V, 50Hz, 3 Phase
Technical specifications of horizontal ribbon blender
|Working capacity (L)||Ribbon power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Weight (kgs)||Dimensions L×W×H (mm)|
Videos of horizontal ribbon blender
Options of horizontal ribbon blender
- Double jacketed tank for heating and cooling
- Steam or electricity heating
- Vacuum and pressure design available
- Interrupted ribbon agitator design available
- Delta, Schneider or Siemens PLC for automation of mixing and blending, vacuum, transferring, heating and cooling etc
- Mettler-Toledo load cells
- Pressure vessel design for different steam pressure
- Spray ball is available to connect to customer’s CIP system
- SIP is available upon request
- Explosion proof motors and electricals
- Different power supply acceptable