What is powder liquid mixer?
ZX power liquid mixer, also called liquid powder mixer, is a powder induction system for the mixing and dispersion of powder in liquid in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. It’s similar as other inline homogenizers which are usually used in RB vacuum emulsifier mixers.
What is powder liquid mixer made of?
ZX liquid powder mixer is usually made of one set of rotor and stator which generate vacuum to suck powders; stainless steel hopper through which workers feed solids; transmission part and motor which are used to drive the shaft connecting to the rotor etc. Some necessary pipes are used to connect the mixer to the mixing tanks and auxiliary equipment.
How does powder liquid mixer work?
The rotor is driven by ABB or Siemens motor and rotates at the speed of 3000rpm causing strong centrifugal force. The liquids are sucked from the inlet of stator into the high shear housing.
Open the valve which connects the stainless steel hopper to the powder liquid blender. Manually pour the powders inside the hopper. The vacuum which is generated by the rotating rotor sucks the powders into the mixing zone.
The strong centrifugal force drives both the solids and liquids to the narrow gap between the rotor and stator. The product is pressed and crushed by the centrifugal force and then got dispersed, homogenized and emulsified preliminary.
Meanwhile, the rotor produces a linear velocity up to 15~40m/s along the tangent. The product goes through the gap between rotor and stator and is dispersed, high sheared, emulsified and homogenized. Then it jets out from the outlet of the housing.
Because the solid liquid blender is usually mounted into a mixing vessel by circulation pipes, the product jets out from the pipe and goes back into the vessel. After several circulations, the powders are completely high sheared, dispersed, emulsified and homogenized in the liquids to become a homogenous final product.
Key features of powder liquid mixer
- Complete powder induction system of dispersing, high shearing, emulsifying and homogenizing in liquids
- Working capacity from 1.5m³/h to 130m³/h
- Suitable for solid liquid dispersion of 30,000~100,000cps viscosity
- Suitable for continuous big quantity process with high efficiency
- Powder liquid mixer with circulation pipes to the mixing tank for homogenous mixing and dispersion
- Stainless steel hopper used to add fine powders or solids
- The solid liquid blender also works as a transfer pump for discharging finished product
- Cooling system for the mechanic seal for longer powder induction time
- Work with different mixing tanks
- All contact parts are made of SS304/316L
- Portable design with castor wheels for easy movement
- The specifications of the solid liquid mixer comply with cGMP regulations
- Power supply of 380V, 50Hz, 3 Phase
Technical specifications of powder liquid mixer
|Model||Motor power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Flow rate by water (m³/h)||Inlet/Outlet (DN)|
Applications of powder liquid mixer
- Cosmetics & Toiletries: cream, lotion, wax, mascara, gel, toothpaste
- Pharmaceuticals: ointment, dental composite, syrup, injection
- Food: mayonnaise, dressing, jam, butter, margarine, wasabi
- Chemicals: polyester, synthetic fiber, shoe cream
Videos of powder liquid mixer
Options of powder liquid mixer
- Different combinations of inline high shear mixer, agitator, high speed disperser and batch mixer for different processes
- Interchangeable work heads and screens of slotted and holed designs
- Portable inline mixer with castor wheels and handrail
- Feeding hopper for adding powders and liquids
- Control panel with frequency inverter for adjusting mixing speed
- Explosion proof motors and electrics
- Different power supply acceptable