What is vacuum emulsifying mixer?
RS vacuum emulsifying mixer machine is a tilt-able vacuum mixer system for the production of viscous emulsions and suspensions in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. It’s the most popular emulsifying machine design in Asia and US and is suitable for making small to medium batches of cream and emulsions.
What is vacuum emulsifying mixer made of?
RS vacuum emulsifying machine is generally made of main emulsifying mixer, oil phase mixer, water phase mixer, vacuum system, hydraulic lifting system, tilting system for the main emulsifying mixer, heating and cooling system, temperature control system, electrical control panel etc.
The main emulsifying tank consists of a high speed rotor stator homogenizer and counter-rotating centre agitator and wall scraper. The homogenizer, centre agitator and wall scraper are all mounted from the top of the cover.
The oil and water phase mixers have exactly the same construction. There’s a high speed disperser mounted from the top of the cover which helps dissolve the ingredients. Some customers will omit the oil and water phase mixers and keep the main emulsification machine only.
How does vacuum emulsifying machine work?
During the mixing operation, the outer frame agitator rotates clockwise slowly. With the attached Teflon blades, the materials are scraped off the emulsifying tank wall and move upwards so they won’t always stick to the wall and burn.
At the same time the inner straight impeller rotates counter clockwise slowly and moves the cream downward into the high speed homogenizing and emulsifying zone.
Because of the two opposite forces by center agitator and wall scraper, the cream rolls over the vacuum emulsification blender from top to bottom and back to top repeatedly. When the cream is completely mixed, the heat from the jacket is quickly transferred to every part through the inside wall.
The heart of vacuum emulsification machinery is batch mixer (emulsifier) which consists of one high speed rotor and one holed stator. The rotor is driven by ABB or Siemens motor and rotates at the speed of 3000rpm producing strong suction force. The materials go into the rotor from both top and bottom and are cut, sheared, emulsified and homogenized through the shear gap between the rotor and stator. Then they’re accelerated to jet out through the holes on the stator.
The above three types of slow and high forces repeat and repeat. And the cream can be circulated inside the emulsification machine and mixed, dispersed, emulsified and homogenized evenly.
Water ring type vacuum pump (–0.09Mpa) is powerful to pull out the bubbles generated during mixing, dispersing, emulsifying and homogenizing. It also helps transfer the ingredients from the oil and water phase tanks to the main emulsification plant. The small quantity powders are also sucked by vacuum to avoid dust.
Oil hydraulic pump is used to lift the cover of main emulsifying mixer. Safety devices are equipped to guarantee that the mixing part won’t start when the cover is lifted.
Key features of vacuum emulsifying mixer
- Complete process of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, heating and cooling in one unit
- Working capacity from 50L to 2000L
- Suitable for cream and emulsions of 10,000~50,000cps viscosity
- Internal emulsifying and homogenizing by top mounted batch homogeniser
- Contra mixing system of center agitator and wall scraper
- Outer frame agitator has triangle design for enhanced mixing
- Variable speed for homogenizer and agitators
- Oil hydraulic lifting system for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Double jackets for heating and cooling
- Different jacket designs available for steam and electric heating
- Double temperature probes and controllers for electrical heating in main emulsification machine
- Vacuum system to take out the air bubbles during mixing and to transfer the ingredients
- Compressed air to discharge the finished cream
- Tilting system for discharging finished product and easy cleaning
- Multiple safety protection devices for vacuum, hydraulic pump and workers
- All contact parts are made of SS316L and mirror polished
- Spray ball is equipped to connect customer’s CIP
- The specifications of the vacuum emulsification equipment comply with cGMP regulations
- Push buttons control panel for easy operation
- Power supply of 380V, 50Hz, 3 Phase
Technical specifications of vacuum emulsifying mixer machine
|Working capacity (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Homogenizer power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Oil/Water tank (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)|
Applications of vacuum emulsifying mixer
- Cosmetics & Toiletries: cream, lotion, wax, mascara, gel, toothpaste
- Pharmaceuticals: ointment, dental composite, syrup, injection
- Food: mayonnaise, dressing, jam, butter, margarine, wasabi
- Chemicals: polyester, synthetic fiber, shoe cream
Options of vacuum emulsifying machine
- Fixed cover with bolts or welding to save budget
- Frame type slow agitator for oil pre-mixer
- Siemens PLC for automation of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, transferring, heating and cooling etc
- Mettler-Toledo load cells
- Flow meter automation for feeding liquid oil and water
- Pressure vessel design for different steam pressure
- SIP is available upon request
- Different power supply acceptable