What is production vacuum emulsifier mixer?
RB production vacuum emulsion mixer is a complete emulsifying machine for the manufacture of viscous emulsions and suspensions in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. It’s especially suitable for making big and continuous batches of cream and emulsions.
What is production vacuum emulsifier mixer made of?
RB production vacuum emulsion blender machine is usually made of main emulsion mixer, oil phase mixer, water phase mixer, vacuum system, materials circulation system, heating and cooling system, temperature control system, electrical control panel etc.
The main emulsion machine is composed of a high shear inline homogenizer mounted outside the vessel horizontally and one frame agitator. Pipes are connected from the discharge valve to the inlet of the homogenizer and from the outlet to the top edge of the vessel body. The inline homogenizer consists of one three-layer toothed rotor and one two-layer toothed stator.
The oil and water phase mixers have exactly the same construction. There’s a high speed disperser mounted from the top of the cover which helps dissolve the ingredients. Some customers will omit the oil and water phase mixers and keep the main emulsion blender only.
How does production vacuum emulsifier mixer work?
During the mixing operation, the frame agitator rotates clockwise slowly. With the attached Teflon blades, the materials are scraped off the mixing tank wall so they won’t always stick to the wall and burn.
The left part of the impellers move the cream upwards and the right part move it downwards. Because of the two opposite forces by the impellers, the cream rolls over the vessel from top to bottom and back to top repeatedly. When the cream is completely mixed, the heat from the jacket is quickly transferred to every part through the inside wall.
The heart of production vacuum emulsion mixer is the inline high shear mixer (emulsifier) which consists of one three-layer toothed rotor and one two-layer toothed stator. The design is different from the batch homogenizer in RS series vacuum emulsifying mixer and is better for making cream with circulation.
The ABB or Siemens motor rotates at the speed of 3000rpm and drives the rotor to rotate up to 3000rpm producing strong suction force.
The materials go into the rotor from inlet of the homogenizer and are cut, sheared, emulsified and homogenized through the shear gap between the rotor and stator. Then they’re accelerated to jet out through the pipeline. The cream runs inside the external circulation pipe and goes back to mixing tank for the slow mixing or another emulsification and homogenization.
The above two types of slow and high forces repeat and repeat. And the cream circulates through the pipeline and is completely mixed, dispersed, emulsified and homogenized.
Water ring type vacuum pump (–0.09Mpa) is powerful to pull out the bubbles generated during mixing, dispersing and homogenizing. It also helps transfer the ingredients from the oil and water phase mixers to the main vacuum emulsion blender. The small quantity perfumes are also sucked by vacuum to avoid dust.
Oil hydraulic pump is used to lift the cover of main emulsion machine. Safety devices are equipped to guarantee that the mixing part won’t start when the cover is lifted.
Key features of production vauum emulsifier mixer
- Complete process of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, heating and cooling in one unit
- Working capacity from 50L to 10000L
- Suitable for cream and emulsions of 10,000~100,000cps viscosity
- External emulsifying and homogenizing by horizontal inline homogenizer with pipes
- Shorter batch time compared with RS production vacuum emulsification mixer
- Cooling system for mechanic seal inside the homogenizer for longer homogenizing time
- The inline homogenizer also works as a transfer pump for discharging finished product
- Variable speed for homogenizer and agitator
- Double jackets for heating and cooling
- Different jacket designs available for steam, hot water and electric heating
- Double temperature probes and controllers for electrical heating in main vacuum emulsion machine
- Vacuum system to take out the air bubbles during mixing and to transfer the ingredients from oil and water tanks to main emulsion blender
- Compressed air to help discharge the finished cream
- All contact parts are made of SS316L and mirror polished
- Spray ball is equipped to connect to customer’s CIP system
- The specifications of the vacuum emulsion mixer comply with cGMP regulations
- Push buttons control panel for easy operation
- Power supply of 380V, 50Hz, 3 Phase
Technical specifications of production vacuum emulsifier mixer
|Working capacity (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Homogenizer power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Oil/Water tank (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)|
Applications of production vacuum emulsifier mixer
- Cosmetics & Toiletries: cream, lotion, wax, mascara, gel, toothpaste
- Pharmaceuticals: ointment, dental composite, syrup, injection
- Food: mayonnaise, dressing, jam, butter, margarine, wasabi
- Chemicals: polyester, synthetic fiber, shoe cream
Options of production vacuum emulsifier mixer
- Fixed cover by flanges design for tight budget customers
- Contra mixing part or other slow agitator designs available
- Frame type slow agitator for oil pre-mixer
- Delta, Schneider or Siemens PLC for automation of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, transferring, heating and cooling etc
- Mettler-Toledo load cells
- Flow meter automation for feeding liquid oil and water
- Pressure vessel design for different steam pressure
- SIP is available upon request
- Different power supply acceptable