What is lab vacuum homogenizer mixer?
RX lab vacuum homogenizing mixer is a complete vacuum high shear mixer system for the manufacturing of viscous emulsion, dispersion and suspension in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. It’s the most advanced homogenizing equipment design from Europe and is especially suitable for making big batches of cream and emulsions with large quantity of powders.
What is lab vacuum homogenizer mixer made of?
RX lab vacuum homogenizing machine is usually made of main homogenizing mixer, oil phase mixer, water phase mixer, vacuum system, hydraulic lifting system, materials circulation system, heating and cooling system, temperature control system and electrical control panel etc.
The main homogenizing mixer is composed of a vertical type inline high shear mixer mounted from the bottom of the manufacturing vessel, wall scraper and two fixed propellers with holes. The bottom homogenizer consists of one three-layer toothed rotor and one two-layer toothed stator. An external circulation pipe comes along the tangent of rotor and connects to the top edge of the tank body.
The oil and water phase mixers have exactly the same construction. There’s a high speed disperser mounted from the top of the cover which helps dissolve the ingredients. Some customers will omit the oil and water phase mixers and keep the main homogenizing equipment only.
How does laboratory vacuum homogenizer mixer work?
During the mixing operation, the outer anchor agitator rotates clockwise slowly. With the attached Teflon blades, the materials are scraped off the mixing tank wall and move upwards so they won’t always stick to the wall and burn.
At the same time the two fixed impellers keep still and give the materials a counterforce and drive the cream downward into the high speed homogenizing and emulsifying zone. The cream goes through the holes on the paddles and increases mixing effect.
Because of the two opposite forces by fixed impellers and wall scraper, the cream rolls over the vessel from top to bottom and back to top repeatedly. When the cream is completely mixed, the heat from the jacket is quickly transferred to every part through the inside wall.
The heart of vacuum homogenizing equipment is rotor stator homogenizer (or called emulsifier) which consists of one three-layer toothed rotor and one two-layer toothed stator. The design is different from the homogenizer in RS series production vacuum emulsification mixer and is much better.
The rotor is directly connected with homogenizing motor by flanges. The ABB or Siemens motor rotates at the speed of 3000rpm and drives the rotor to rotate at high speed producing strong suction force.
The materials go into the rotor from top opening of the homogenizer and are cut, sheared, emulsified and homogenized through the shear gap between the rotor and stator. Then they’re accelerated to jet out through the pipeline along the tangent of the rotor. The cream runs inside the external circulation pipe and goes back to mixing tank for the slow mixing or another emulsification and homogenization.
The above two types of slow and high forces repeat and repeat. And the cream circulates through the pipeline and is completely mixed, dispersed, emulsified and homogenized.
Water ring type vacuum pump (–0.09Mpa) is powerful to pull out the bubbles generated during mixing, dispersing and homogenizing. It also helps transfer the ingredients from the oil and water phase mixers to the main homogenizing machine. The small quantity perfumes are also sucked by vacuum to avoid dust.
Oil hydraulic pump is used to lift the cover of main homogenizing mixer. Safety devices are equipped to guarantee that the mixing part won’t start when the cover is lifted.
Key features of lab vacuum homogenizer mixer
- Complete process of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, heating and cooling in one unit
- Working capacity from 3L to 30L
- Suitable for cream and emulsion of 10,000~100,000cps viscosity
- Perfect particle size of 2 micrometers and evenly distributed
- External emulsifying and homogenizing by vertical type inline homogenizer with pipes
- Shorter batch time compared with RS series vacuum emulsifying mixer
- Cooling system for mechanic seal inside the homogenizer for longer homogenizing time
- The homogenizer also works as a transfer pump for discharging finished product
- Contra mixing system of fixed impellers with holes and wall scraper
- Outer anchor agitator has pipe design for enhanced mixing and good appearance
- Variable speed for homogenizer and agitator
- Oil hydraulic lifting system for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Double jackets for heating and cooling
- Different jacket designs available for steam and electric heating
- Double temperature probes and controllers for electrical heating in main vacuum homogenizing machine
- Vacuum system to take out the air bubbles during mixing and to transfer the ingredients
- Compressed air to help discharge finished cream
- Multiple safety protection devices for vacuum, hydraulic pump and workers
- All contact parts are made of SS316L and mirror polished
- Spray ball is equipped to connect to customer’s CIP system
- The specifications of the vacuum homogenizing equipment comply with cGMP regulations
- Push buttons control panel for easy operation
- Power supply of 380V, 50Hz, 3 Phase
Technical specifications of lab vacuum homogenizer mixer
|Working capacity (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Homogenizer power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Oil/Water tank (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)|
Applications of laboratory vacuum homogenizer mixer
- Cosmetics & Toiletries: cream, lotion, wax, mascara, gel, toothpaste
- Pharmaceuticals: ointment, dental composite, syrup, injection
- Food: mayonnaise, dressing, jam, butter, margarine, wasabi
- Chemicals: polyester, synthetic fiber, shoe cream
Options of lab vacuum homogenizer mixer
- Fixed cover with bolts or welding to save budget
- Different slow mixing part designs available
- Frame type slow agitator for oil pre-mixer
- Extra openings on the vertical type inline homogenizer for adding hot and cold ingredients and powders
- Delta, Schneider or Siemens PLC for automation of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, transferring, heating and cooling etc
- Mettler-Toledo load cells
- Flow meter automation for feeding liquid oil and water
- Pressure vessel design for different steam pressure
- SIP is available upon request
- Different power supply acceptable