What is lab vacuum emulsifying mixer?
RS lab vacuum emulsifying mixer is a turn-able laboratory scale vacuum emulsifying machine for the production of cream and lotion in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. It’s the lab version of our RS production vacuum emulsifying mixer and is suitable for customers to make test batches.
What is laboratory vacuum emulsifying mixer made of?
RS mini vacuum emulsifying mixer is generally made of main emulsifying mixer, oil phase mixer, water phase mixer, vacuum system, lifting system, tilting system for the main emulsification mixer, heating and cooling system, temperature control system, electrical control panel etc.
The miniature vacuum emulsifying mixer consists of a high shear batch homogenizer and a set of counter-rotating centre agitator and wall scraper. The homogenizer, centre agitator and wall scraper are all mounted from the top of the cover.
The oil and water phase mixers have exactly the same construction. There’s a high speed disperser mounted from the top of the cover which helps dissolve the ingredients. Some customers will omit the oil and water phase mixers and keep the main small emulsifying mixer only.
How does lab vacuum emulsifying mixer work?
During the mixing operation, the outer frame agitator rotates clockwise slowly. With the attached Teflon blades, the materials are scraped off the vessel wall and move upwards so they won’t always stick to the wall and burn.
At the same time the inner straight paddles rotate counter clockwise slowly and move the cream downward into the high shear homogenizing and emulsifying zone.
Because of the two opposite forces by center agitator and wall scraper, the cream rolls over the vessel from top to bottom and back to top repeatedly. When the cream is completely mixed, the heat from the jacket is quickly transferred to every part through the inside wall.
The most important part of laboratory vacuum emulsifying mixer is homogenizer (emulsifier) which consists of one high speed rotor and one holed stator. The rotor is driven by ABB or Siemens motor and rotates at the speed of 3000rpm producing strong suction force. The materials go into the rotor from both top and bottom and are cut, high sheared, emulsified and homogenized through the shear gap between the rotor and stator. Then they’re accelerated to jet out through the holes on the stator.
The above three types of slow and high forces repeat and repeat. And the cream is circulated inside the vessel and mixed, dispersed, emulsified and homogenized evenly.
Rotary impeller type vacuum pump (–0.08Mpa) is used to pull out the bubbles generated during mixing, dispersing and homogenizing. It also helps transfer the ingredients from the oil and water phase tanks to the main miniature emulsifying mixer. The small quantity powders are also sucked by vacuum to avoid dust.
Key features of lab vacuum emulsification mixer
- Complete process of mixing, dispersing, emulsifying, homogenizing, vacuum, heating and cooling in one unit
- Working capacity of 5L
- Suitable for cream and lotion below 50,000cps viscosity
- Internal emulsifying and homogenizing by top mounted batch homogenizer
- Contra mixing system of center agitator and wall scraper
- Variable speed drive for homogenizer and agitators in main small emulsifying mixer
- Lifting system for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Double jackets for heating and cooling
- Different jacket designs available for steam, hot water and electric heating
- Double temperature probes and controllers for electrical heating in main laboratory emulsifying mixer
- Vacuum system to take out the air bubbles during mixing and to transfer the ingredients
- Turn-able system for discharging finished cream and easy cleaning
- All contact parts are made of SS316L and mirror polished
- The specifications of the miniature vacuum emulsifying mixer comply with cGMP regulations
- Push buttons control panel for easy operation
- Power supply of 220V, 50Hz, single phase
Technical specifications of lab vacuum emulsifying machine
|Working capacity (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Homogenizer power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Oil/Water tank (L)||Agitator power (kw)||Speed (rpm)|
Applications of small vacuum emulsification mixer
Options of lab emulsifying mixer
- Pressure vessel design for different steam pressure
- SIP is available upon request
- Different power supply acceptable