What is rotary lobe pump?
LP series of rotary lobe pump, also called lobe pump, rotary pump, rotor pump or cam rotor pump, is a sanitary stainless steel positive displacement pump for the transfer of viscous cream, lotion, ointment and other semi-solids in cosmetic, pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries.
What is cam rotor pump made of?
LP series of lobe pump is usually made of two pieces of rotors, pump chamber, mechanic seal, transmission part and geared motor etc. The body of the rotary lobe pump is mounted on a stainless steel base. An inlet port is connected to the manufacturing vessel and an outlet port is connected to the storage vessel for the transfer of product.
How does rotary lobe pump work?
The rotors of lobe pump are driven by geared motor and rotate at the speed of 400~500rpm causing strong centrifugal force of vacuum suction. The products are sucked from the inlet of the housing into the pump chamber.
The two rotors divide the chamber into several samll cavities. As the rotors come out of mesh, they create expanding volume on the inlet side of the lobe pump. Product flows into the cavity and is trapped by the rotors as they rotate.
Product moves around the inside of the chamber in the pockets between the rotary lobes and the chamber. Finally, the meshing of the rotors transfers product through the outlet port under pressure. As this process repeats, product is transferred continously.
Key features of cam rotor pump
- Super sanitary quality by stainless steel
- Flow rate by water from 1m³/h to 40m³/h
- Suitable for transfer of cream, lotion, ointment and other pastes of 5,000~100,000cps viscosity
- Suitable for continuous transfer of large quantity product with high efficiency
- Gentle and smooth pumping capability with stable pressure
- Transfer product without damaging solids content inside because the lobes don’t contact each
- High working temperature up to 150 degrees Celcius
- Butterfly/double-wing rotors as default rotor design
- Dry running mechanic seal with no need of cooling water for long working time
- All Ginhong rotary lobe pumps are good for CIP and SIP
- All contact parts are made of stainless steel 304/316L
- Sanitary tri clamp connections for left inlet port and right outlet port
- Reliable with almost no need of spare parts except for mechanic seal
- The specifications of rotor lobe pump comply with cGMP regulations
- Power supply of 380V, 50Hz, 3 Phase
Technical specifications of rotary lobe pump
|Model||Motor power (kw)||Speed (rpm)||Flow rate by water (L/h)||Inlet/Outlet (DN)|
Applications of cam rotor pump
- Cosmetics & Toiletries: cream, lotion, toothpaste, wax, mascara, gel, hair dye, facial milk, essential oil, detergent, shampoo, balsam
- Pharmaceuticals: ointment, dental composite, syrup, injection, paste, emulsifier, nutrition liquid, medicine grease, pollen, vaccine
- Food: mayonnaise, dressing, jam, butter, margarine, wasabi, yogurt, ice cream, cheese, fruit jelly, vegetable mash, pudding, edible oil, dressing, chocolate
- Chemicals: polyester, synthetic fiber, shoe cream, fat, dissolvent, resin, polymer, paint, coating, lubricant, grease, explosive, plastic, slurry
Options of rotary lobe pump
- Different rotor designs of single bufferfly/single-wing rotor or triple-lobe rotor
- Portable lobe pump with castors and handrail
- Stainless steel cover for geared motor
- Top inlet port and down outlet port design
- Flange, SMS and thread port connection
- Heating and cooling jacket for insulation
- Variable mechanic speed controller integrated with gearbox
- Control panel with frequency inverter for adjusting pumping speed
- Explosion proof motors and electronics
- Different power supply acceptable